- 8.1 miles
This road is by turns easy and by turns rather tricky - steep and loose with rocks. At the beginning, you'll thread through aspen groves and meadows. When the road climbs, it climbs. You'll need to pause at the end of the ascent to open a gate (and close it behind you). Then, you'll be driving through trees - almost literally. The trunks crowd close and you won't be able to pass here for the most part. After you climb out of the trees, the trail gentles. You can run Johnny Park Road from near the end of this trail.
Map + Directions
- From Denver
- Head north on I-25 until you reach Highway 66.
- Take Highway 66 to Longmont - head through the north part into Lyons.
- Continue on Highway 36, toward Estes Park.
- Take a left on Fish Creek Road just before you reach Lake Estes.
- Follow Fish Creek for three miles and take a left on Little Valley Road.
- Follow this road until you reach Forest Service Road 119.