- 8 miles southwest of Grand Junction
- April to November
DescriptionBangs Canyon is an offroader paradise of slick-rock and pot-holes that turn into deep puddles in the spring, of waterfalls and splashes of greenery. You will need to stay on the trails in this 21,477 acre-strong offroad area, but there's a lot of excellent trails. Drive down into Rough Canyon before Bangs, or turn aside for a scenic look at the Gunnison River.
- From Grand Junction
- Head westward on Grand Avenue.
- After crossing two bridges, turn left at the next stoplight, onto Monument Road.
- You will be pointed toward Colorado National Monument. Take a left on to "D" Road and stay on it until you reach the "No Outlet" sign.
- At this sign, turn right. You will be on Little Park Road.
- Take a left onto the dirt road at mile 7.7. You'll be in the Bangs Canyon staging area.