- Scenic Drives
- Christy Karras
- 262 pages
- Globe Pequot
- Pub. Date:
- 3rd Edition
Pack up the car and enjoy 28 drives through the scenic grandeur of the photographer's paradise, rock hound's nirvana, and geologist's dream world that is Utah. Offering more than 1,500 miles of riding pleasure, this indipensable highway companion maps out shorts trips for exploring the Beehive State's scenic byways and back roads.
Discover Utah's long and vibrant history, myriad outdoor recreational activities, and breathtaking scenery - including the fantastic rock formations of the Colorado Plateau; Middle Rocky Mountain region, Utah's northern mountain wonderland; and the forbidding yet fascinating Basin and Range region, with its treeless vistas, cracked earth, and huge dead sea. Along the way, stop and discover Native American rock art, picturesque small towns, canyon and alpine hiking trails, and the state's mining, Pony Expresss, and Mormon history.
Inside you’ll find:
- Itineraries ranging from 5 miles to more than 150 miles in length
- Route maps for each drive
- In-depth descriptions of attractions along the way
- Historical information and suggested side trips
- Tips on accommodations, camping, and travel services