- Hiking / Climbing
- Maryann Gaug
- 375 pages
- Falcon Guide
- Pub. Date:
- 2nd Edition
Lace up your boots and sample fifty of the finest trails Colorado has to offer. This hiker’s paradise offers not only rugged peaks and crystal clear alpine lakes, but also historic ruins and magnificent canyons. View the Continental Divide in Rocky Mountain National Park, journey to Colorado’s highest point at the top of Mount Elbert, hike beneath immense sandstone cliffs in Devils Canyon, or step back in time to North America’s largest dinosaur track site. Veteran hiker and outdoor writer Maryann Gaug will introduce you to these trails and more.
Inside you’ll find:
- detailed shaded relief maps
- GPS waypoint coordinates for each hike
- accurate route profiles showing the ups and downs of each hike
- tips on equipment, trip planning, and hiking with dogs and children
- accurate directions, difficulty ratings, trail contacts, and more
Whether you are a day-tripper or long-distance hiker, old hand or novice, you’ll find trails suited to every ability and interest throughout the vast wilderness of Colorado.